English language certificates.
Preparation courses for all major certification exams in English.
Preparation courses for all major certification exams in English.
Courses for English Certificates
Our many years of experience in teaching English allows us to run courses to prepare for all the major exams for certificates in English.
For many years we have been preparing our students to sit international language certification exams for the English language.
Each of these organisations issues specific certificates which require different preparation depending on the starting level and the exam chosen.
Why take preparatory courses for Certificates in English.
- English Language Certificates are professionally valuable and indicate your level of knowledge and command of the English language.
- All our teachers have the experience and expertise to guide you in preparing for your chosen English language exam.
- Teaching activities at inlingua are coordinated and monitored by the teaching team, who take care to check the progress of the programme and the preparation of each individual student.
Our English Examination Courses and Certificates.
There are 4 models of preparation for English Certificates depending on the main organisations that deliver these exams:
We are preparation centre for all the most important and prestigious types of exams.
inlingua Roma’s many years of experience in teaching English allows us to provide courses for preparation for all the most important exams for certificates in English.
Our teaching department plans the learning programmes in consideration of each participant’s level of knowledge of the language and the chosen exam.
Il TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
Developed and administered by the American organization ETS (Educational Testing Service), it is the certificate of language proficiency required to access study courses at universities, colleges and, in general, higher education institutions in the United States.
Some MBA (Master of Business Administration) courses in Europe and numerous international companies and institutions also require this degree. The test is only available in an online version (the so-called Toefl iBT) and assesses the four language skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
IELTS – International English Language Testing System
It is the world’s best known English language certificate, useful for those who intend to study or work in Italy or abroad and accepted by all countries for immigration purposes. The certificate is required by all British and Australian universities and numerous American institutions for admission to courses of study. It is also recognized by Italian universities as credits for undergraduate courses.
It is divided into four tests, one of which is oral.
The GATEHOUSE CLASSIC IESOL International certifications are designed for candidates who are not native English speakers and who want to obtain a high-quality certification in English as a Second Language (L2), available and recognized worldwide. They are designed to refer to the descriptions of language skills in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The certification is regulated by the Office of Grading and Examination Regulations (Ofqual) in England and is part of the Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF). It is one of the certification bodies chosen by the Ministry of Education to offer exams to those who attend schools at all levels.
Never before has it been so important to certify one’s language skills.
Here are 3 good reasons:
1 – Increase study and work opportunities in Italy and abroad;
2 – Achieve internationally recognized English standards;
3 – Improve knowledge of the English language progressively and gradually with a marked objective.
The qualification is available at all CEFR levels: from A1 to C2.
The English exams certify that you have mastered the four language skills for your achieved level (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
The exams are recognized by universities at the national and international level for the evaluation of the language level and can be used as training credits.
CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH ESOL
The ESOL (English for Speakers of the Other Languages) exam system
Developed by the University of Cambridge, in collaboration with the British Council, it is one of the most famous and popular tests of the English language, universally recognized at both school and professional levels. This system, in fact, allows the verification of communication skills for both general and professional English.
Knowledge of general English is assessed according to the following level scale:
- KET (Key English Test): certifies a basic but not completely autonomous communicative competence (level A2 of the Council of Europe);
- PET (Preliminary English Test): certifies an autonomous communicative competence capable of guaranteeing communication in everyday situations (level B1 of the Council of Europe);
- FCE (First Certificate in English): demonstrates intermediate autonomous communicative competence. It is usually requested for study or work reasons (level B2 of the Council of Europe);
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English): guarantees advanced communication skills, with total autonomy. Most of the universities in Great Britain recognize it as a satisfactory level of knowledge to access the study courses (level C1 of the Council of Europe);
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English): documents advanced communication skills, mastered by a native English speaker. It is recognized in any English-speaking country to certify the knowledge of the language, in the workplace and in the academy (level C2 of the Council of Europe).
As for professional English, there are also Cambridge certifications related to the business sector:
- BEC – Business English Certificate: Business English proficiency exam, divided into three levels: preliminary, advantageous and superior
English Certifications in Rome
Courses taught by qualified mother tongue teachers.
Furthermore, the didactic department not only selects the best materials on the market in order to always use up-to-date and effective support, but also constantly monitors, through continuous feedback with teachers and intermediate learning tests, the progress of each student and the activities carried out in class, with the aim of guaranteeing excellent Certificate Courses and ensuring you achieve optimal preparation and guaranteed success.
Integrated Method di inlingua Rome.
All our group English courses are taught with an Easy Method, the inlingua Method, that allows you to speak English from the first lessons, in other words, a direct and communicative method.
During the course you will speak exclusively in the English language, you will learn the meaning of words from their context and with our teachers you will feel more confident speaking English.